Monday 1 December 2014

Secret Serpent Tablet Cosy

My home spun yarn became a snug tablet cosy for my Hudl.



Got to keep it safe when it goes out and about with me. I used a cool little snake fastening I brought recently from Etsy for it, though it could be fastened with a button or toggle if you don't like snakes.



So, the pattern for the snug was knit on the fly, but being nice I can share what I did.

Requirements :- Needles 4.5mm straight, yarn homespun worsted/Aran 77 yards. 

C/O enough stitches to go comfortably round your tablet including the front, back and sides (total number must be divisible by 4). Hudl size was 52 stitches. 

Cuff section - 10 rows of K4, *P4, K4.... repeat from * to end of row.


K all other rows to cover length of tablet excluding the 10 row cuff.

B/O.

Carefully stitch the base and side to fit around your tablet - test fit at regular intervals. Should be snug.

Cuff should have a little give - sew fastening inside of cuff so it is hidden when cuff is up.



Easy, cool way to use home spun yarn - though you can cheat with shop brought it you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment